Tuesday, November 1, 2011

#NHBPM November=National Health Blog Month!

Oh No! I'm a day late... but I really want to participate in this!
Consider this my first post for the month :) you should get involved too! Making your own blog is easy. I think this is a great way to start off my new blog with wordpress... I just checked, and Blogger still has not re-activated my blog with them! How frustrating. It looks like Wordpress is going to be permanent. (Which is ok- I like them :)

Anyways, enough about that. What's my health blog about for today?
SLEEP!
Why? Because I'm currently finishing off a 2-6am desk shift. Of course this time was not my choosing, but it had to be done. I only have about a month or so left of working this time block (thank God). I can just feel my organs inside me, upset that they have to keep working; their nightly regimen disrupted yet again.

Sleep is of the utmost importance to health! It is everything to our bodies. We need that time to reset--our bodies have to recover from the work we did throughout the day. It's a lot of work to maintain such beautiful systems that we have been blessed with, so make sure you get lots of sleep to help yourself out. Shoot for 7-8 hours of sleep. Make it a priority. Don't have time? Nonsense. If you have to be up at 7am to get ready for work, then make yourself go to bed at midnight, regardless of whether or not you still have things to do. If you do this for about a week, I promise you that you will start having time. Why? Because you will be more energized throughout your days! It's an investment. If you invest in sleep, you'll have more energy and be more productive: making the most out of each minute of work.

Besides, sleep is so wonderful. You owe it to yourself!
-Andrea Garza

No comments: