Tuesday, November 22, 2011

#NHBPM Nov 22nd Be Present

Prompt: Be present. Describe something peaceful with as much sensory imagery as you can. What are the sights, sounds, scents, and feelings?

For me, my destined home is the Ocean. When I am re-united with Ocean, my bare feet prance atop its moist sand like that of a giddy foul. I soon become calm when the idea that the wet sand has seeped between my toes, and some underneath my nails, like the Ocean couldn't resist becoming a part of me. I tiptoe with respect, slowly towards the edges of its beauty. I stop, predicting where the waves may end up. Here it comes. Sloshing water molecules, rushing over and between one another. Surging towards my bare naked toes. My eyes close in anticipation, toes wiggling and a smile as bright as the setting sun spread across my sun-kissed face. From deep within me, the prettiest of giggles emerges as I hear the wave, carrying seashells and mermaids, slowly emerges and indulges my toes, feet, and ankles. We are reunited at last.

To the Ocean,
Andrea Garza

No comments: