Wednesday, November 9, 2011

#NHBPM Nov 7th Case of the Mondays

Well... I didn't have enough time to post this yesterday...because it was Monday!

Sorry about that! To make up for it, you get to read two fabulous posts today :)

So, yesterday's prompt was "Case of the Mondays," what gets me down? Allow me to start off by saying that I am a very empathetic person, I'm a hard worker, and I always keep myself busy with work/extracurricular (sometimes to keep from thinking too much). That being said, I would say that there are a several things that can get me down...

First, I can simply get down by being overwhelmed. Like I mentioned above, I like keeping myself busy... and whenever something's not going right outside of school, I'll pile more things on my plate to make me even busier. It used to be a cyclic issue: I would stress about having so much to do, and then at some point I would realize I was trying to do too much, so I would drop something (I really hate quitting things, so it takes me a long time to get to that point; after my health and wellness have severely suffered enough to wake me up!) so that I could still do well in school. Now, my third year in college, I've become a lot more aware of my health, school, stress, and work balance. Being in tune with my body and my environment is key for me, and I'm still working on making that balance the best it can be for optimal (and healthy) performance.

Another thing that can get me down is whenever someone I love is not doing well. That can be in any sense-- either a loved one passed away, someone is going through a hard time, I personally haven't had enough time to spend time with family because of school/work, or I feel like the bond with a good friend is slipping, for whatever reason. Obviously, no one likes when any of this happens...so I don't think there's need for explanation. Again, I mentioned I was very empathetic, so sometimes I can really get hit hard by this kind of stuff.

Lastly, and kind of going of of the first point I made, I can also get down if I 'm not doing as well in a class/job/club as I would like to be. I like to be successful in whatever I do, and with as much as I do do... that can be hard. (Sorry for all the do doos :P

So how do I keep smiling, and go on to have an amazing Monday, Tuesday, Wed...and the rest of the week!? I keep my head up! I would say that best thing that I can do is to express myself. To express your feelings and emotions is so important, and it's a healthy way to deal with it. For me, I like writing poems on my tumblr page. Tumblr has really helped me to express myself. It's good to get everything out there, so I can clear my mind and continue with my day. Sometimes I will look online to see what others are doing who are going through similar things (or worse). If I need motivation for school, I can easily find it by looking at inspirational speakers online. The most important thing is to go by my motto: Carpe Diem! (Seize the day). No matter what, it could be worse! Go out and make the best of your day! Do something that will make you feel accomplished and proud by the time you go to sleep, and always know that someone loves you. Everything will be amazing! :)

-Andrea Garza

No comments: