Monday, November 28, 2011

#NHBPM Nov 28th Say WHAT!?

Prompt: Say WHAT?! What’s the most ridiculous thing you’ve heard about health or your condition. Was there any context? What did you think at the time you heard it – and what do you think of it now?

The most ridiculous thing I've heard about food allergies... I guess the most recent ridiculous thing I've heard is simply the fact that allergies have went from 3 million to 6 million occurrences in the U.S within a couple of years. This is ridiculous-- what a rapid increase! What is more ridiculous is that we still don't have solid evidence as to "why." Although there are several hypotheses, no one has come out and praised any singly hypothesis as an actual theory.

I am working on pointing us in the direction that I think is the most accurate for my Honors Thesis. Stay tuned for the final product, coming next year!

-Andrea Garza

No comments: