Saturday, November 26, 2011

#NHBPM Nov 26th I Still Remember

Prompt: I still remember… Free write a post that starts with the line “I still remember…”

I still remember the moment I was officially diagnosed with all of my food allergies. The most vivid moment, was wheat. Why? Because I was praying the whole day that I would not be allergic to wheat, and the entire time the doctor was reading me the list of allergens, to myself I was repeating "not wheat, not wheat..."

The moment when he said wheat and gluten, my heat sank. It was devastating for me! At that time, my sister had already been living with a wheat and gluten allergen, and it was so hard... I didn't want to have that as well. Thankfully, times have gotten easier for those with allergies, and gluten free living has become much easier than it was about 8 years ago, which is pretty amazing if you think about it!

No comments: