Monday, November 21, 2011

#NHBPM Nov 21st Ekphrasis Post

The 21st prompt instructs me to"Find a Flickr Image in Creative Commons that inspires you in some way (positively or negatively) and free write about it."

I used the image that can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/63895408@N08/6393320159/

This image is beautiful! It reminds me of fall, and of the coming winter! My absolute favorite season is Christmas--I love everything about it. The snow, snowmen, polar bears, penguins, Christmas trees, stockings, Christmas lights, families coming together to share a warm dinner, children giddy with joy and anticipation. Time when people hold hot coffee near and dear, peppermint filling the air. Sugar cookies and baked pies: the familiar, welcoming smell fills homes as chimneys leak the smoke of crackling fires. Joy, love, happiness. Some may be distracted by the "greedy" shoppers who rush to sometimes selfishly grab the best deals, by the few grinches, and the people who are simply annoyed by the busy shopping isles and congested freeways. I think those who see these things are missing the point. It's not about getting the best gift for a loved one. For getting "just the right thing." Or trying to battle the other shoppers on Black Friday. I personally love Black Friday. Not because everything is on sale, but because me and my mom have made shopping together early in the morning a tradition. It was later to bloom, but we really have a good system down now. I don't care that it's crowded, and the lines are crazy. I love that I'm there with my mom, and we're both enjoying our time together. It's the small laughs that we have, perhaps just slap happy from being so tired. But it's fun! I love it. Cherish small moments like this. That is what the Christmas season is all about!

Love,
Andrea

No comments: