Sunday, November 20, 2011

#NHBPM Nov 20th LOL post

What makes you LOL? I seriously laugh at everything, and I'm proud of it! Laughing is healthy for you :) I also smile a lot--I like seeing others return the favor :)

Like I mentioned in my previous blog post, I have been crazy busy. Thus, I don't have a lot of time to spend on websites like stumbleupon.com. Not to say they are meaningless though... they do have some good/random facts that are good to know :) For internet leisure, I like to spend my time on Tumblr, facebook, twitter, and looking for scholarships/research/travel opportunities. Since I haven't had time for Tumblr yet today (yes, I know I'm a day late for this post, please forgive me!) I will share a LOL moment that happened to me today in class.

In my plants and civilization class, we were talking about woods- and when we made it to the cork section, my professor posed the question: "where does cork come from?" This girl in my class shouts out "Cork tree." The guy next to me looked over at me like he was about to laugh, and I was doing the same. There is no "cork tree" per say--it's made from Oak. If anything, you can stretch it to calling it cork oak. But I was seriously about to start bursting out laughing during class! I had to try SO hard to hold it in...multiple times! haha I still haven't got the chance to release that laugh... lol perhaps later today.

Have you ever been in a simlar situation? Something silly just strikes you hilarious, and you're trying your hardest to hold it in! Sometimes you mine-as well just let it out though.
Haha have a great (funny) Monday everyone! It's a short week, and I am so excited! I get to go home on Wednesday afternoon for Thanksgiving. The break and family time will be amazing! Not to mention the traditional black Friday shopping with my mom :)

-Andrea Garza

No comments: