Thursday, November 3, 2011

#NBHPM Nov 3rd Dear 18 year old me.

Dear 18 year old me,

I know it's only been 2 years, but I'll write this letter regardless. Please, start running NOW! You would have helped me out so much more if you already had a running routine solidified, so I wouldn't even have to think about it--I would just "do."

Please, don't eat so many cookies/deserts! I know they're good, but I'm pretty sure you have a legitimate addiction to chocolate now! Which doesn't help when I'm a broke college student, and don't have time to run to the store to get chocolate when you're super stressed and need a caffeine boost.

For the love of God, get voice lessons!!! You have talent, and you're singing voice is there, regardless of what you or anyone else thinks! Find an instructor who believes in you, and you'll shine :)
You're going to have a hard couple of years ahead... and I know you're not having the best of times now. But I'm sure my future self will be able to tell you that it's been all worth it :) Once you graduate from Barrett, ASU, and are admitted into SCNM (and eventually become a ND) you will be proud of what you've endured.

Keep your head up. Through it all, you'll have to rely a lot on yourself. At least you are at the moment. But that's ok. Don't be afraid... everything happens for a reason! You're never alone.
Love,
Andrea (age: 20)

No comments: