Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Chex Cereal and Traveling the World

I got a kindle yesterday, and I absolutely love it! I was so excited to start using it, I began reading the Sundial book I posted about earlier. I will keep you in the loop as to how I like it :)

So, I was sitting here, in my dorm room listening to music, eating some Gluten Free Rice Chex when I thought I should share with you my appreciation for this cereal. Firstly, I simply love everything about it- I can eat it, no corn syrup, short list of ingredients, gluten free, and of course I love the taste, texture, and how it gets the perfect amount of "soggy" in my rice milk. Plus, it's cheap- perfect for a broke college student!!
I was reading the back of the box, and it read "Gluten free living doesn't have to mean saying no to all of your favorite foods... 'Live in the Yes'" -Chex.

I thought to myself.. now, there has to be someone at Chex that has food allergies, or knows someone who has allergies. Because being able to reply "yes" to a child's question of "Can I eat this?"... is a powerful thing. It makes you feel good inside to be able to simply say 'yes.'

"Live in the yes" (tm) is such a great statement, that I fully agree with. Even though I'm allergic to wheat, gluten, milk, eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, and garlic... I strongly dislike making that an option for avoiding experiencing my life to the fullest. For example, one of my biggest dreams is traveling the world. Yes, having so many allergies is going to be extremely tricky... but I'm going to find a way. There's no way I'm letting my allergies get in the way of my dreams and aspirations. I don't think ANYONE should let ANY disability/restriction LIMIT their L-I-F-E. It is YOUR life. LIVE IT TO THE FULLEST, no matter what. You have to make it work. Find a way to make things happen, rather than excusing the possibility that you can/can't do something.

Punch-line of my life:

CARPE DIEM. Seize the day.

1 comment:

Carlos White said...

It is very nice idea,If you make the photos into paintings,it can be more cool.Recommending one nice online Oil Painting Gallery for you.They can offer you many subjects oil paintings and Custom Oil Painting for you.